Drybar Happy Hour Weightless Shampoo: My love for Drybar is never-ending so when they launched a line of products, I knew they would be amazing. I adore the Happy Hour shampoo…it’s a cleansing shampoo that still lathers nicely, which is true perfection.
Chan Luu EFI Combo Bracelet: This bracelet is amazing for summer and I love the combo of neon mixed with black and white…summer trends collide.
Diego The Cat Pillow: I don’t even try to pretend that I’m NOT a crazy cat lady (I so am), and I love this cat pillow…it’s so real-looking that it might actually scare your guests.
Caprese: With summer fast approaching, I’ve been studying this list of no-bread sandwiches…at the top of my list? Caprese. Bam,
NIP + FAB Upper Arm Fix: My arms aren’t what I’d call a “problem area” for me but, you know, a girl can use a little help here and there. I’m really liking the way this lotion makes my arms feel and look (I believe, at least) firmer.
Donut Pancakes: What’s NOT to like about these? I’m not big into pancakes but when they look like faux donuts, they’re just plain FUN.
Diptyque “Jonquille” Candle: I’m pretty into the newest scent to the Diptyque family, daffodil. It’s very spring.
Brevity Signature Necklaces: Nameplate necklaces are so 1998, which is why I’m kind of obsessing over these signature necklaces. Would it be kind of weird to get your own signature?
1. Rosemary & Truffle Oil Popcorn: As you know, I love anything truffle-related, and it’s just kind of genius on popcorn, with a little rosemary.
2. Sexy Hair Soy Renewal: I hosted an event with Just Extensions and Sexy Hair a few weeks back, and was given this awesome product in the gift bag. It’s a nourishing styling treatment, made with Moroccan Argan Oil, that addresses moisture, frizz, smoothness, elasticity and shine concerns. It also protects from environmental stresses and reduces drying time.
3. Sam Edelman Genna Strappy Sandals: Every summer, with out fail, I end up buying a new pair of Sam Edelman sandals. They’re just so versatile and I’m LOVING this silver gladiator version.
4. Z Gallerie Diamand IKAT Pillow: I’m on the lookout for new decorative pillows for my couches…this might be a little too matchy matchy (my couches are bright blue), but I still love it.
Aveda Pure Abundance Style-Prep: I’m really loving this product lately. In fact, I’ve been catching whiffs of the amazing “Aveda smell” that all of their products have, and I’m way into it.
Reese Witherspoon: I don’t normally cover anything pop culture-related in The Monday Rundown, however, this was too funny to pass up. ”You’re about to find out who I am,” indeed.
Haute Betts Gypsy bracelet: After a weekend at Coachella (ok, really just staying at The Ace in Palm Springs), I’m feeling a fun friendship bracelet.
A classic milkshake: Currently craving ice cream…in fact, I just bought these old-fashioned dishes at the 99 cent store so I can re-create the full look and feel.
I’ve been noticing a “natural” greens trend happening for me, as of late. Sure, they’re obviously really good for your health and body, but I’m starting to pay attention to grass-patterned accessories and beauty products as well, it’s a sickness. Here are my faves of the moment:
1. Kale chips: I stumbled upon this super easy recipe on Refinery29 and became instantly obsessed.
2. Windowsill herb planter kit: I’ve been trying to grow something (anything, really) on my balcony for three years now…and it hasn’t been very successful. I’m thinking an herb garden might be more up my alley.
3. Sephora + PANTONE UNIVESE glitter false eyelashes: I really love the subtle green glitter line at the base of these falsies, and, girls, they’re not just for St. Patrick’s Day.
4. Kate Spade “play the field” clutch: Good advice for dating but even cuter on a clutch…with actual grass on it.
Trying out a new format this week! If you’re not familiar, I started doing The Monday Rundown as a roundup of four things (1 from each category: beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food) that make it a little easier to get through the worst day of the week…Monday. Let me know if you like the new format or if you prefer the old look.
Spent the weekend with the above view. Malibu is truly a gem of Southern California.
I recently took my first ballet class in about three years…and holy hell, am I sore.
Chiptole is probably one of my biggest guilty pleasures and I treated my self to a delish chicken fajita bowl on Saturday afternoon.
I’m not huge into lipstick (I prefer gloss) but when I found out that this beauty was named specifically after my friend Meg, I HAD to try it. And yes, I love it just as much as I love her.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Greek Yogurt: I’ve been on a big greek yogurt kick lately so when I came across this recipe that explains how to turn it into something that tastes like CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH, I mean…this is basically heaven in a bowl.
Love Heals Wrap Bracelets: Available at one of the coolest stores in LA, Planet Blue, not only are these bracelets super cute but I also love the fact that Love Heals, a California-based company (btw), plants 10 trees in Ethiopia for each design sold. To date, more than one million trees have been planted, which is pretty rad, as they say here in Cali.
WTF Do I Wear Today? Canvas Art Print: Since I ask myself this question pretty much EVERY morning (and yeah, sometimes afternoon), I really love the idea of hanging this canvas print up so I can laugh at myself.
Zoey Van Jones ZVJ EyebrowShaping Stencil Kit: Not to brag but my eyebrows are naturally pretty awesome. I really don’t have to do much work on them and believe it or not, I’ve never had them waxed or threaded! My sister, on the otherhand, recently royally effed up her brows. And I mean that she effed them up to the point that she was crying and Face-timed me so I could see how they look. It was bad, I can’t lie. I wish I had known about these stencils before she took the tweezers to her face and made a HUGE mess! She’ll be getting these in the mail ASAP to prevent any future brow mishaps.