You know when you meet someone and you just instantly want to become their best friend? Ross Mathews is one of those people. I am beyond excited that his first book is available now (!) and I’m even more excited to read it. The book party, held at Sunset Marquis in Hollywood, was intimate and amazing. Ross referred to the party as his “book mitvah” and Jay Leno and Chelsea Handler each gave a speech, basically reinforcing what everyone already knows: Ross Mathews is amazing and one to watch in Hollywood. Make sure you also keep an eye out for his new show on E!, which will be called “Hello Ross.”
I don’t usually feature too many men’s products on here but since John Krasinski is definitively one of my celeb crushes, I had to share his beauty (or grooming, I suppose) secret from getting ready for The Met Gala. Aside from being one of the most gorgeous couples there (Emily Blunt in Carolina Herrera), John’s hair stylist, Ashley Streicher, dished on how she created John’s red-carpet look. “John and I both loved the subtle clean fragrance in the ZIRH products we used, they made him feel clean and like we weren’t layering on heavy products…”
Here’s the breakdown of how “The Office” star gets red-carpet ready:
- Earlier in the day, Ashley prepped John’s skin with ZIRH CLEAN Face Wash, a simple non- drying gel formula.
- Next, she applied ZIRH Platinum R2 REVOLUTION to calm any redness.
- ZIRH Platinum AGE DEFENSE Environmental Response Cream was used as his moisturizer and acted like a great barrier for the light makeup used for the day. It protected John’s skin, but still kept it moisturized.
- After lightly cleansing with the CLEAN mild face wash again later in the day, Ashley applied ZIRH Platinum REVIVE Under Eye Complex to smooth out the eye area and relax any puffiness.
- The eye cream was followed by the lightweight but silky ZIRH Platinum TOTAL RECHARGE Face Serum that recharged his skin making it look healthy and attractive, without a built up feeling of a heavy moisturizer. It gave a perfect smooth base for his skin, making it almost seem tightened.
- John’s new bearded look was the perfect accessory to his beautifully built Tom Ford suit! The ZIRH Platinum TOTAL RECHARGE Face Serum helped coiff and smooth the beard while still leaving it clean looking!
I love, love, loooove The MET Gala. Why is it different from any other celebrity party? Well, for one, the fashion is always way more avant garde and this year the theme was “PUNK: From Chaos to Couture.” YES. While there were some “WTF was she thinking” outfits, I’m completely in love with these three looks:
1. Blake Lively: Blake, who claims that she doesn’t have a stylist, worked with Gucci Première to design this amazing dress that kind of makes me think of Black Swan. Her makeup in word word? Flawless. Her makeup artist, Elaine Offers, used NARS on Blake. “It starts with Blake’s signature approach: luminous beautiful skin,” said Offers about the look she created for Blake. “We created a serious eye shape as a nod to the punk theme by building on a smoky eye and winging it outward. With the diaphanous layers of her skirt and a light lip, it comes together as being both glamorous and edgy.”
2. Anne Hathaway: To be perfectly honest, I was so not impressed with Anne’s look from the Oscars but guys, she totally killed it in this Valentino dress, complete with Debbie Harry-inspired platinum blonde hair. Anne’s makeup also looks totally flawless and, according to her makeup artist, Adam Bereuchaud, he used Laura Mercier on the actress. Specifcally, Breuchaud gave a subtle nod to the event’s punk theme by creating a bold, “electric blue” smoky eye to complement Anne’s flawless, porcelain skin.
3. Gwen Stefani: To no surprise, I clearly love what my girl Gwen wore to the gala (a Maison Martin Margiela cut-out gown and Fred Leighton jewels). I can’t think of anyone more appropriate than the punk rock princess herself.
Bonus content: Jeannine has the scoop on a few of the hottest manis from the night and THIS, just for shits and giggles. I’m obsessed with Nicole Richie’s hair.
Alexa Chung looked absolutely stunning at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival – 8th Annual CHANEL Artists Dinner. I’m loving her radiant (yet very pale) skin, with just a hint of lip and eye. Here’s how to get the look:
Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation SPF 12-Hour Broad Spectrum SPF 15: Alexa has great skin but her skin actually looked FLAWLESS at this event…and I don’t say that lightly. Tarte’s foundation gives great coverage AND SPF 15 for us fair ladies, like Alexa and myself.
Laura Mercier Lip Glace in “Bare Pink”: A beautiful mauve-pink shade, with lots of moisture, is key here.
NARS Blush in “Orgasm”: It’s the go-to blush for almost every makeup artist, and for a good reason. It looks good on almost everyone and you don’t end up looking like a clown.
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in “Perversion”: Alexa doesn’t have a ton of eye makeup on but you can clearly see a beautiful line of liquid eyeliner. I love Urban Decay’s version since it’s so easy to apply and doesn’t smudge or streak.
Emmy Rossum is VERY quarter life crisis, so when I got the scoop on her skincare routine from her makeup artist, Jake Bailey, I had to share. The photo above is from the Jeffrey Fashion Cares Fundraiser hel yesterday, April 2, in New York City.
- Create the perfect canvas for any makeup look – a flawless, glowing complexion – with Bioré Acne Clearing Scrub. Bioré Acne Clearing Scrub gently cleanses and polishes skin without harsh side effects or over-drying.
- Accentuate the eye by lining the top and bottom lash line with a waterproof crème liner. Apply a thin line in the crease of the eye to further emphasize the ‘mod’ look.
-Using the same waterproof crème liner, paint tiny strokes between bottom lashes to eliminate the need for false eyelashes and create a retro feeling.
- Apply a strip of full, black false eyelashes on the top lashes to create a doe-eyed effect.
- Apply a coat of waterproof black mascara on top and bottom lashes to finish the dramatic eye look.
- Highlight using a radiant, creamy concealer in a light shade along the brow bone.
- Apply a satiny lip pencil, a shade or two darker than the lips’ natural shade, to accentuate lips’ natural color while keeping the look clean and modern.
- Apply a crème blush or bronzer to cheekbones rather than a traditional powder blush to keep cheeks dewy and fresh-looking.
- Finish with a dusting of matte powder in a transparent shade across the T-Zone to eliminate shine.
Coco Rocha is one of those effortlessly chic and amazingly NICE super models that you actually want to be friends with. I never thought I’d say that about a supermodel…or ANY model, for that matter, but after chatting with the Banana Republic Mad Men Collection (available starting TODAY!) spokesperson, I’m totally #TeamCoco.
Q: What’s your favorite piece in the Banana Republic Mad Men Collection?
A: (This dress here) It’s a bold statement…you want to be the person everyone’s looking at going ‘wow, where did you get that from?’
Q: What advice would you give yourself five years ago?
A: Five years ago…that’s not that long ago, but still far enough…I think about being a model and the jobs that I chose, I didn’t have a voice for myself…I think that I could’ve reassured myself that you know what, what you’re doing IS ok, you know what? Go for it.
Q: What are your top three favorite beauty products?
A: I’d have to say, it’s all makeup-related. I wear makeup every single day, even to the grocery store, so I’m not that model that doesn’t wear makeup. I’d have to say eyeliner, you can do a lot with it. Cover up, because I am very, VERY fair so my freckles come out (she loves L’OREAL Magic Smooth Soufflee) and a good contour cream.
See the FULL INTERVIEW HERE.
Me, in the same dress Coco is wearing…yeah, GREAT decision. LOL.