It’s no secret that I have an obsession with my 4-year-old nephew, Mark. He’s adorable, he’s smart, he’s…related to me. It’s pretty simple, really. Not that I’m any kind of aunt-ing (yes, I made that up) expert or anything, but I’ve noticed there are really only four things that you need to be the best aunt ever.
1. An iPhone: There’s no better distraction than an iPhone and/or iPad. My nephew discovered the Cake Doodle app on my iPhone and refused to give my phone back to me until the battery actually died.
2. Cute clothes for him/her: I’ve learned that the nephew has a thing for sharks (who doesn’t?) and the faux lifeguard t-shirt was just too cute to pass up. Really, anything at The Children’s Place is great because the clothes are adorable and cheap.
3. Yes To BABY Carrots Face + Nose Wipes: These are positively genius. After spending a week here in LA with the little booger machine, these are a LIFE SAVER. As an aunt, I feel like I’m not really obligated to hold my nephew’s used tissues and these are 98% natural and even contain Vitamin E.
4. A Spiderman juice cup: Kids need their juice cups, that’s a fact. Since Mark is obsessed with all things superhero, I knew that this Spiderman version would be a winner. No complaints during juice time, that’s for sure.
Just wanted to take a minute to let you guys know about my newest freelance writing gig! I’m the new Beauty Contributor at Outblush.com, which I am SO pumped about. I’ve actually been reading Outblush for years…and seriously, if you ever need any home or gift ideas, this is the go-to site. Make sure to check out the beauty section to see some of my favorite products
To say that I was a child obsessed with jelly sandals would be too mild a statement to make. I was beyond obsessed. I wore them in the winter…with socks…in New York. Yep (see photo below). Then there’s that. So yeah, I have to be honest and admit that I kind of love that the whole jelly sandal/jelly accessory look is still chic. Here are my favorites:
1. Nasty Gal Light Bright Bag: This bag reminds me of the purse that I had to use when I worked retail. You know the one…it proved that we weren’t stealing anything from the store. Somehow, I love the pink version more.
4. Stuart Weissman “Jealous” Sandal: These are probably the closest to the 80s version that i’ve seen in awhile…and yeah, they are pricey, but I can’t tell you that I wouldn’t buy them, purely to re-live my youth.
Do you have a bitch face? Is there someone in your class trying to cheat off of you? Need some cheap date ideas for your college boyfriend, apparently whom you’re “courting”? These are just a few of the burning questions that I help Leah and Mary answer in this week’s edition of “Cheers To That.” I love these girls, and you will too…so make sure to subscribe to their channel stat. And also check out their blog, AFabLife.com…today, my spring beauty must-haves are up on the site!
My good friend, Kelley Herman, is probably one of the most talented lingerie designers in the country, in my opinion, and so when I asked her to give me (and you guys!) the scoop on her top lingerie pieces for spring, I was honestly too excited for words when I saw her choices. Admittedly, my own lingerie closet has grown by leaps and bounds (and style) since meeting Kelley back in 2009, when I first moved to LA. So here are her top choices for spring, and why:
1. Topshop Sketch Floral Print Bralet: ”The longline bra is the new bandeau! I like the all over lace ones for this summer but I also like the ones that look like a little cropped tops and not so much like a bra! (like this version and #4 below). The Topshop version is nice because it comes in many sizes, so you have a better chance of getting a good fit, which is super important in any bra- even a fun novelty one.”
2. Forever21 Seamless Layering Bra: “I live in these things, especially on those super hot LA nights…and for $5 a pop, it doesn’t matter that they start falling apart after about five washes.”
3. Blackheart Lace Longline Bralette: “The Blackheart version is nice because it has a lightweight foam cup with an under-wire, so you get the modesty and support of a bra.”