Even though I get a TON of beauty products sent to me to test, I still get giggly with excitement at the sight of a new product discovery. And let me tell you, it’s rare for me to come across a brand that I haven’t tried or at least heard of…and now there’s Gloss48. I was skeptical at first glance but now I’m officially hooked. They basically scour the beauty universe to find new, innovative, must-have niche beauty brands and then feature them on the site for seven days with a discounted price (e.g. motivation to test new stuff out). What did I find? Well…I’m pretty excited and eagerly anticipating the arrival of this Skin & Co. Roma body set that features TRUFFLES. Yes, truffles. I also ordered this adorable Bee Naturals Baby Gift Set for my BFF that just had a baby…so cute and an easy way to gift friends and family for the holidays!
Take a moment to remember a true hero. RIP Nelson Mandela (image via Pinterest.com)
Time to break out your ugly Christmas sweater! Rock it with pride (image via Asos.com)
If you live in a place that snows, enjoy it (image via Pinterest.com)
Try a new weekend uniform. I love this top and distressed jeans (image via FrankieHeartsFashion.com)
Try this warm and spicy kale salad with shitake mushrooms…yum. (image via Shape.com)
Start planning your holiday gift wrapping theme (image via Pinterest.com)
A few weeks back I attended the launch party (and also a blogger sushi lunch!) for The Little Market x Citizens for Humanity where I learned about Lauren Conrad’s latest project: The Little Market, a company she started with friend Hannah Skvarla, that’s mission is to build sustainable partnerships with artisans in developing countries, by connecting them with customers through an online marketplace. They seek to empower women artisans to rise above poverty and support their families. So basically, Lauren and Hannah have been traveling the globe in search of amazing ethically-made products that practice fair trade principles. If you know me, you know I love this kind of stuff and, even better, they’ve sourced a TON of amazing items that would make for perfect holiday gifts. Here are my favorites:
1. Block Print Elephant Journal (handmade in India)
2. Rose Gold Candle (handmade in India)
3. Black Knit Baby Sneakers (handmade in Peru)
4. Aqua Round Glass Pitcher (handmade in Mexico)
5. Mint Vanity Trunk (handmade in India)
6. White Dove Ornament (handmade in Nepal)
Gifts that give back is pretty much a staple when it comes to my holiday gift guide; charity and giving back is such an important part of MY life, that I feel it’s super important to spread the word about how there are many companies that actually DO care. Here are a few of my favorite beauty products that give back, all of which would make for excellent gifts:
1. Clinique Happy Hearts Perfume: $10 from every purchase goes to the Happy Hearts Fund, a non-profit foundation dedicated to rebuilding schools and restoring hope in the lives of children after natural disasters. To date, Clinique has donated $250,000 to the Happy Hearts Fund and will continue to support programs provided by this wonderful organization.
2. MAC RuPaul The Original Viva Glam Lipstick: MAC’s Viva Glam has raised a mind-boggling $250 million for HIV/AIDS programs since 1994 and they’re bringing their original Viva Glam Girl back! RuPaul’s shade and every cent will go towards helping women, men, and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
3. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Whipped Body Butter: Available in Grapefruit or Coriander, by purchasing a jar of the Kiehl’s Creme de Corps whipped body butter, you can take a step to end childhood hunger in the United States — up to $100,000 from all net proceeds will benefit the No Kid Hungry cause, which provides additional meals to children in need. One jar provides 380 meals, and in addition to the amazing cause it benefits. Done deal.
4. LUSH Charity Pot Cocoa Butter Lotion: Not only is this heavenly lotion vegan and sourced from Fair Trade organic cocoa butter, it also contributes every penny of its price (after tax) directly to various amazing charities. Since 2005, they’ve donated to more than 350 charities including Black Pine Animal Sanctuary, Acid Survivors Trust, and the Beagle Freedom Project.
5. OPI Sandy Hook Green Nail Polish: OPI bottled the rich, bright green of Sandy Hook Elementary’s school colors to support Sandy Hook Promise. All proceeds will aid the families of Newtown and promote an open dialogue about mental health, school safety, and gun safety.
It’s hard to believe that Paul Walker is actually gone. I interviewed him about two years ago…what a nice, down-to-earth guy. Not many people knew about how involved with charity he was; he will be missed – QueenoftheQuarterLifeCrisis.com
Funny thing, I rarely use mugs but I love the idea of gifting them – BuzzFeed.com
I wish I could mix prints like this. I’m truly impressed. – SydneStyle.com
So I’m intrigued by this new beauty product that targets the double chin…with a mask. Interesting… – Refinery29.com
Mandy Moore shares her makeup secrets…from 1999. Enough said. – NYMag.com
I love this roundup of motivational Instagram photos – IntoTheGloss.com
I figured I’d start with something easy: your know-it-all beauty expert friend (e.g. ME). I love the fact that Too Faced took it upon themselves to create a kit with products deemed “amazing” by beauty experts…hence, the Too Faced Beauty Editor Darlings kit. This is honestly one of my favorite gifts to give since every product is beauty editor-approved/Jamie-approved and, get this, it’s only $19. Sure the products are small but once your friend tries them out, she’ll definitely become a repeat customer. I’m especially into the Primed & Poreless primer and the Lash Orgasm mascara, FYI.